Friday 1 June 2012

Angelina Ioannides-Beer

Best friend Angelina Ioannides-Beer (or Ange for short) will at showing at IDENTITY 2012 too.  She and I worked for Illustrated People over the summer last year just off Brick Lane and I think it's from there where Angelina clicked and realised what she wanted to do.


From printing large psychedelic patterns and repeated shapes Angelina has this year built herself as a brand.  She takes elements and significant signs of her work and hand prints them onto jersey wear, shoots, models, designs and prints look books all by herself and is even setting up a installation/pop-up store at P3.  When she's not working she likes the occasional drink... or five.


Angelina says: These are two fabric designs i have done.

The first fabric design is done for my last project which was called Hidden Wisdom.The second fabric design is for my most recent project which i called Geometric - God. I wanted this fabric design to represent and look like part of the universe as this project was based on the connection between geometric shapes and the universe.
My main interest is fabric designs and printed garments.














Hidden Wisdom 









































Geometric God




Here's a snap of Angelina's desk I took this morning of some of the books she's been looking at.




No comments:

Post a Comment